Thank you for using PropTerest! We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Because we’re an internet company, some of the concepts below are a little technical, but we’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, pins, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using PropTerest on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to PropTerest, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you use our products or use websites or apps that have PropTerest features.
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
· Log Data. When you use PropTerest or go to a webpage or use an app that has PropTerest features (like our “Pin It” button), our servers automatically record information (“log data”) including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had PropTerest features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used PropTerest, and cookie data.
· Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using PropTerest on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect PropTerest and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
· Suggesting pins or boards you might like. For example, if you’ve indicated that you’re interested in cooking or visited recipe websites that has PropTerest features, we may suggest food-related pins, boards, or people that we think you might like;
We also use the information we collect to:
· Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like repins or comments, happens on PropTerest), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include pins you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
· Help your friends and contacts find you on PropTerest. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on PropTerest when they first sign up for PropTerest. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on PropTerest using your email address.
· Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever PropTerest does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a PropTerest account, many of the choices you have on PropTerest are built directly in to the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
· Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your PropTerest account using your email address;
· Link or unlink your PropTerest account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on PropTerest to that service.
· Create or be added to a secret board. Secret boards are visible to you and other participants in the board, and any participant may choose to make the contents of the board available to anyone else. For example, another participant may invite someone else to the board, make the board available to an app they use to view PropTerest, or even just take an image from the board and email it to their friends.
· Choose whether PropTerest will be customized for you using information from off-PropTerest websites or apps. If you have a PropTerest account and don’t want your off-PropTerest data to be used to tailor your experience, you can visit your account settings and update your “Personalization” preferences. If you don’t have a PropTerest account, or don’t want us to customize PropTerest for you when you’re signed out, you can opt out.
· Also, we support the Do Not Track browser setting, and you can learn more about how it affects our collection and use of off-PropTerest data.
· Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it and remove your pins and boards from PropTerest. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access PropTerest. For example:
· The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
· Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How do we share the information we collect?
PropTerest is a tool people use to find their inspirations, make them a reality, and inspire others in the process. When you create public boards and pins, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
· When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you’ve chosen to link to your PropTerest account to those services or publish your activity on PropTerest to them. For example, you can choose to publish your pins to Facebook or Twitter.
· If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or PropTerest; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
· We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others. For example, we may tell a business using PropTerest how many people repinned something they shared, or the percentage of people who click a on pin after viewing it.
Our Policy on Children’s Information
PropTerest is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use PropTerest after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law.